Terms & Conditions
1. The property known as Trewollas Beach Cottage, Sunny Corner Lane, Sennen, Penzance TR19 7AX (the Property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Heather Stack (the Owner) to the renter (the Client).
2. Your booking is made after supplying and completing the booking information required on our website, agreeing to our terms and conditions and paying the required non-refundable 25% booking fee. Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you. This occupation does not create any form of legal tenancy or licence and is strictly only on the basis of a short term holiday.
Once the required booking information and the 25% non-refundable booking fee have been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us. You should carefully check the details of our confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give written notice by email that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these Terms & Conditions will apply.
4. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
5. Once the balance has been paid the Owner will send arrival details to the Client by email, including arrangements to find the key.
6. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation by the Client, a refund of the balance of the rent paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
7. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) providing full cover for all members of the party and their personal belongings, public liability etc., since the Owner shall not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage suffered by a member of the party and such risks are not covered by the Owner’s insurance policy.
8. The rental period shall commence at 5.30 p.m. on the first day and finish at 9 a.m. on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer access to the Property before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
9. The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed four plus one baby, unless the Owner has given written permission.
10. Dogs at the Property:
The Owner will accept one or two well-behaved dogs for an extra fee of £20 per dog provided the Client has the Owner’s consent. Any Client with a dog must take special care to keep the dog off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. The client should leave the cottage as they found it, including removing any dog mess from the garden. Clients with dogs also agree to be considerate of neighbouring properties and not allow their dogs to roam or make undue noise.
11. Trewollas is a NO SMOKING house. The Client agrees that no one in his or her party will smoke inside the house.
12. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period, including cleaning and emptying all fridges, cleaning the cooker and removing all rubbish and recycling.
13. The Client agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to residents in neighbouring properties.
14. The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent Cornish Cottage Care, without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden, and the Owner will make arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as reasonably possible. If defects are not reported, there is a possibility that any damage may be deemed to have been caused by the Client.
15. The Client shall observe the safety advice and rules in these Terms & Conditions and in the guest handbook held in the Property. Access to the Property is quite steep and the interior is on two levels and so the Property may not be suitable for the elderly or less able-bodied.
16. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden.
For any loss, damage, or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, terrorism, industrial disputes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and, in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
17. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
18. The property owner will endeavour to make sure the stated property is available for the dates contracted. In the unlikely event the property becomes not available and the property owner has to cancel the booking, the property owner will endeavour to find the holidaymaker suitable alternative accommodation. If suitable alternative accommodation cannot be found, the holidaymaker shall be entitled to a full refund. The property owner shall only be liable to return the monies received. No compensation or consequential losses shall be paid.